Dental Solutions is one of the few private clinics in the country to offer laser assisted root canals with the Waterlase MD and Diode laser systems.
Root canal therapy is necessary because the tooth will not heal by itself. Without treatment, the infection will spread, bone around the tooth will begin to degenerate and the tooth may fall out. Pain usually worsens until one is forced to seek emergency dental attention. The only alternative is usually extraction of the tooth, which can cause surrounding teeth to shift crookedly, resulting in a bad bite. Though an extraction is cheaper, the space left behind will require an implant or a bridge, which can be more expensive than root canal therapy. If you have the choice, it’s always best to keep your original teeth.
Some indications for the need of root canal treatment may be:
- Spontaneous pain or throbbing
- Pain while biting or chewing
- Sensitivity to hot and cold
- Severe decay or injury that causes an abscess (infection) in the bone surrounding the tooth
- Traumatic injury exposing the nerve